If you would like to study at Kheiron and you are travelling from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need to apply for a Short-term study visa.

With this visa you can:

  • Study at Kheiron School for a minimum of 15 hours/week;

  • Stay in the UK for a maximum of six months if you are 16 and over;

  • Stay in the UK for a maximum of 11 months if you are 18 and over.

You cannot do the following:

  • Work;

  • Extend the visa to a later date;

  • Bring family members with you on the same visa (they will need to apply for their own visa).

It takes approximately three weeks for a decision about your visa to arrive.

In order to register for a course at Kheiron School of English, the school needs to give you a letter of acceptance for you to apply for your Short-term study visa. To do this, we need the following:

  • A scanned copy of your passport clearly showing your name, date of birth, nationality, photograph and passport number;

  • The address of where you will be staying during your course if the school is not organising your accommodation;

  • Your level of English (the school will email you a link to an online placement test before registration so that we can ascertain your grammatical and written level and make sure you are in the most appropriate class for your level);

  • The payment for the English course in full and this will include a non-refundable administration fee of £50. We will include the confirmation of receipt of payment in your letter.

If your visa is refused, you will need to email the school the original letter of refusal.

The school will refund the full amount you have paid for the course and the homestay, less the £50 administration fee and less the £15 UK bank charge for internet bank transfers to and from overseas bank accounts (which is normally £15).  The payment you will receive will also have been deducted the cost of any bank transfer charges that apply to the payment received from you and the payment to you.

If your visa is refused and you tell the school after the start of your course, you will lose the payment for the course and homestay accommodation for any weeks not attended.

For more information visit: https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide