Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Enrolment
- The school assumes that the student will attend all the classes pre-paid by the student. However, these classes can be rearranged as long as the student notifies the principal at least before 17:00 the day before the class to be missed and the change is agreed and authorised by the principal. For students who are being subsidised, for example by their company or through benefits or grants from their country of residence, these classes would have to be rearranged within the booked course period.
- All fees must be paid in pounds sterling (GBP).
- All course fees must be received before the course starts. Sometimes it can take several days for the money to arrive if you send it through the banks. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that it arrives in time. All PayPal or bank charges must be paid by the students.
- If a student chooses to pay for the course from a non-UK bank account by bank transfer (for example, by Internet bank transfer), an additional £15 will be charged to cover bank costs.
- Kheiron expects students to follow the rules we set. We expect students to behave reasonably at all times towards their teacher(s) and to respect cultural, racial and religious differences.
- Examination fees are not included in the course price.
- The school may cancel or change a course or change the time of a course. If we do this, the school will offer an alternative at least cost-equivalent course, or give the student the relevant cost back subject to visa or subsidy restrictions.
- If the school is not able to offer a class at any time it will give at least two hours’ notice, and normally 24 hours’ notice, and an at least cost-equivalent class at an alternative time or day will be offered to the student or the student will receive the relevant cost back for the cancelled class as a refund, subject to visa or subsidy restrictions.
- If your English level is not suitable for the course you have booked, we reserve the right to move you onto a different course.
- A student will be asked to pay at least four weeks in advance for part-time tuition.
Full-time students (15 or more hours per week)
- A student will be asked to pay in advance of the full-time course starting.
- Once the course has started students can increase the number of lessons and will be charged pro-rata for the increase but students cannot decrease the lessons. However lessons may sometimes be deferred or transferred by special agreement with the school although not beyond twelve months and they may not be transferred to another student.
No administration fee will apply for students wishing to change their course. Kheiron places the best development of the student at the forefront and recognizes that course adjustments may be required to achieve this goal: if a more resourceful intensive lesson programme is chosen by the student then a pro-rata additional cost will be applied by agreement.
If a student cancels a course more than two weeks before the start date, there is no administration charge although any bank or other charges incurred by the school will be deducted.
If a student cancels a course less than two full weeks (but more than one week) before the start date, there is no administration charge although any bank or other charges incurred by the school will be deducted.
If a student cancels a course less than one full week before the start date, there is no administration charge although any bank or other charges incurred by the school will be deducted, subject to visa or subsidy restrictions.
If a student cancels a course less than 24 hours before the course starts or after the student has started there will be no course refund. But if the course is longer than two weeks, a credit will be given for the unused part of the course beyond the two weeks, subject to visa or subsidy restrictions. This may be used within one year and cannot be transferred to another student.
We expect every student to be on time, attend every lesson and do all their homework.
We keep attendance registers.
If a student is absent for 10 consecutive lesson days or more, or is repeatedly absent (e.g. 1 or 2 days per week), without authorisation, we will report this to the UK Border Agency if they are a visa national, and they may be asked to leave the school.
If a student is asked to leave the school for poor attendance or conduct, their fees may only be refunded at the sole discretion of the Principal.
Students will only receive a leaving certificate if their attendance has been 80% or more.
Classes must not be photographed, filmed or otherwise recorded in any way without the permission (in writing) of the principal.
Kheiron may use film or still photographs of students for promotional purposes. You (or your parents/ guardians if you are under 18 years old) must inform the school in writing if you will not allow us to use such images.
We keep your information in electronic format.
Under UK law, we must give information to the UK Borders Agency if required to do so.
In order to fulfil our obligations to you, and, in some cases, to the British authorities, it is necessary for us to see and copy your passport (and visa if applicable), to have contact details for you such as a mobile phone number if you have one, and to have details of your next of kin. You must therefore agree to provide these details and keep us up to date if they change.
Students and/or parents/guardians are reminded of the need to give medical information about the student to the school when the application is made.
By accepting these Terms & Conditions you accept our right to use your information this way.